Wednesday 15 February 2012

About Justin Trudeau's anti-Harper Rant

I totally agree with what Justin Trudeau said!

I grew up in a Quebec totally in the grips of an ultra-conservative and undemocratic political party and an ultra-conservative and undemocratic religious organization. I also lived there when the province freed itself of those mill stones around its society. Today Quebec has the most liberal and progressive society in the country.

Since 39% of Canadian burdened our once forward-looking and progressive society with a similar political and religious (albeit English-speaking) governing party, I've had similar thoughts to Justin Trudeau's from time to time, particularly right now as we're seeing the erosion of civil liberties in this country. If we can't rid ourselves of these ultra-right-wing zealots, what other option do we have than to separate ourselves by leaving (which can mean emigration or separation).

Oh, by the way, if you got this far - I'm most definitely not French-Canadian and I live in British Columbia. (It might be worthwhile remembering at this point that we got our basic principles from Britain, not the Republican Party.) Oh Canada!

No comments: